January 1, 2018-January 31, 2020
The burden of Cerebrovascular Disease (CVD) is an increasing problem in the worldwide population and is the second leading cause of death in the Philippines with an overall prevalence of 0.9% and Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) comprising 30%. Most studies however on outcomes of infratentorial haemorrhage focused on infratentorial hemorrhage as a single entity or was included with deep supratentorial haemorrhage. Still, there is a dearth of studies that compared the clinical outcomes of infratentorial structures separately with uncertainties in the factors that may influence outcomes.
The aim of this study is to establish determinants of clinical outcomes in patients with Infratentorial Hemorrhage.
This study is an Observational Cross-sectional Retrospective study done in patients diagnosed with Infratentorial Hemorrhage admitted at Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center from January 2018 to January 2020.
Most deaths occurred P=0.00) and patients were discharged with an mRS of 3 and 4(P=0.002). Death P=0.002), presence of hydrocephalus (P=0.004), baseline National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) of >22(P=0.00), ICH score of 4(P=0.002), infratentorial hemorrhage extending to more than 2 sites, (P=0.001) and intraventricular extension(P=0.004). Likewise, hypertension(P=0.021), volume of 1 to 5 mL(P=0.043), baseline NIHSS of 0 to 5(P=0.019), ICH score of 1(P=0.018), cerebellar bleed(P=0.004) and intraventricular extension (P=0.04) were more likely to be discharged with an mRS of 4.
1. Navarro, Jose . "The real stroke burden in the Philippines." International Journal of Stroke 9, 640-641, 2014
2. LEE, SUN-UK . "Isolated Medullary Hemorrhage: Clinical Features in Eleven Consecutive Patients." Journal of Stroke 19, 2017
3. BEHROUZ, R. . "Prognostic factors in pontine hemorrhage: A Systematic Review" European Stroke Journal , 2018
4. SAFATLI, AL . "Prediction of 30 day mortality in spontaneous cerebellar hemorrhage" Surgical Neurology International. , 2019
5. MARTINI, HARYL . "Risk factors for intracerebral hemorrhage differ according to hemorrhage location" Neurology 79, 2012